We have all experienced life's unpredictability. No matter how minor or how serious an injury or illness is, our staff of nurses and nurse practitioners guided, by highly experienced emergency physicians, is available 24-hours a day to treat your medical emergencies.
Our team is trained in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and is supported with a state-of-the-art designed and equipped ER able to handle cardiac, orthopedic, pulmonary and surgical needs.
- Adult and pediatric emergency care.
- Early recognition and treatment of chest pain and cardiac emergencies.
- Assessment and stabilization of orthopedic injuries.
- Rapid treatment and support of respiratory emergencies.
- Participation in all area Emergency Medical Services (EMS) ambulance rotations.
- Easily accessible location on the frontage road off of Expressway 77 just South of Ed Carey Drive.
Level IV Trauma Center
- Full-Service Level IV (initial evaluation, stabilization, and diagnostic capabilities. Surgical and critical care services as required and transfer to a higher level of care.)
- Partner-In-Care with all area Emergency Medical Service (EMS) ambulance rotations.
Health and Wellness
The Emergency Department at Harlingen Medical Center offers educational programs on health, wellness, trauma and stroke services.
To learn more about our emergency educational programs, please contact the Trauma and Stroke Department at (956) 365-1181.
Connie Manley, Director
Emergency Room & Trauma Services