The Emergency Room at Harlingen Medical Center is a premiere, state-of-the-art,
technologically advanced, and patient friendly urgent healthcare facility
in South Texas.
The nationally recognized and award winning Harlingen Medical Center is
home to the newly constructed Emergency Room - staffed with some of the
most experienced, highly trained, local physicians and support clinical
staff ready to meet the urgent, critical medical needs of patients of all ages.
The staff of Harlingen Medical Center have built a reputation for providing
ER patients efficient and effective medical care, while being compassionate
and supportive with every patient interaction. We put our patients first.
The concept of "patient-focused care" is fundamental in our
daily operation. The design, management, staffing and operation of the
hospital are all focused on the patient's experience, needs and overall comfort.
The Emergency Room at Harlingen Medical Center is designated a Level IV
Trauma Center by the Texas Department of State Health Services and offers
treatment for a variety of medical needs, including:
- Heart Attack
- Change in Vision
- Chest Pain
- Difficulty Breathing
- Fainting or Loss of Consciousness
- Facial Droop
- Garbled Speech
- Harmful Feelings to yourself or others
- Life or Limb threatening injury
- Loss of Consciousness
- Poisoning or Drug Overdose
- Severe Abdominal Pain
- Severe Cuts or Burns
- Unable to Move or Speak
- Vomiting Blood
- Weakness / Numbness on one side of the body
Should you have to spend the night at Harlingen Medical Center - know that
you will be hosted at one of the hospital's Private Patient Suites.
You will not have to share a room with another patient. You will have
the peace and quiet you need.
Urgent Medical Services
- Adult and pediatric emergency care.
- Early recognition and treatment of chest pain and cardiac emergencies.
- Assessment and stabilization of orthopedic injuries.
- Rapid treatment and support of respiratory emergencies.
- Participation in all area Emergency Medical Services (EMS) ambulance rotations.
- Easily accessible location on the frontage road off of Expressway 77 just
South of Ed Carey Drive.
Level IV Trauma Center
- Full-Service Level IV (initial evaluation, stabilization, and diagnostic
capabilities. Surgical and critical care services as required and transfer
to a higher level of care.)
- Partner-In-Care with all area Emergency Medical Service (EMS) ambulance
Health and Wellness
The Emergency Department at Harlingen Medical Center offers educational
programs on health, wellness, trauma and stroke services.
To learn more about our emergency educational programs, please contact
the Trauma and Stroke Department at (956) 365-1181.
Connie Manley, Director
Emergency Room & Trauma Services