Cardiovascular disease: it is one of the deadliest silent killers of Americans.
Nearly a half-million Americans lose their lives to this disease each year.
Cardiovascular disease affects the heart and/or blood vessels (arteries
and veins) and develops when cholesterol, fatty material, and calcium
build up in the arteries. When this occurs in the arteries that supply
the heart, this build-up or plaque causes the arteries to narrow, so that
oxygen delivery to the heart is reduced. The reduction in oxygen to the
heart can create chest pain, also called angina. This can lead to very
serious health problems.
Harlingen Medical Center is home to a number of highly skilled and experienced
Cardiologists, Electrophysiologists, and Cardiothoracic Surgeons, who
can help create a path to health and wellness like no other hospital in
the Rio Grande Valley.
The Cardiovascular Center at Harlingen Medical Center is paving the way
for successful treatment of patients across South Texas. We specialize
in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease, and our top-ranked
cardiac team provides minimally-invasive diagnostic testing and treatment,
as well as advanced cardiac and vascular interventions, such as angioplasty,
stenting, cardiac ablation, and open heart surgery.
HeartSaver CT Scan Promo
Get Adobe Acrobat Reader
Cardiovascular Center Services:
- Operating suites dedicated to heart and vascular surgery
- Cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology laboratories
- Technologically advanced digital equipment
- Advanced patient monitoring systems
- Highly trained and caring clinical staff
- Chest Pain Evaluation
- Exercise Tolerance Stress Tests
- Maximum Oxygen Consumption
- Stress Echocardiograms
- Diagnostic Catheterizations
- Coronary Stenting
- Peripheral & Arterial Angioplasty
- Thoracic Aneurysm Repair
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
Open Heart Surgery:
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Cardiovascular Valve Surgery
- Minimally-Invasive Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
By specializing in one of the nation's deadliest diseases, we afford
patients the benefit of highly skilled Cardiologists, Electrophysiologists,
Cardiothoracic Surgeons, advanced technology, and services that meet individual needs.
To review the Harlingen Medical Center roster of cardiology Partners-In-Care,